COMMENT ON NATIONAL FOREST POLICY
On behalf of the Departments of Agriculture and the Interior, the US Forest Service and the Bureau of Land Management are soliciting comments on policies for defining and managing Mature and Old Growth Forests.
- What criteria are needed for a universal definition framework that motivates mature and old-growth forest conservation and can be used for planning and adaptive management?
- What are the overarching old-growth and mature forest characteristics that belong in a definition framework?
- How can a definition reflect changes based on disturbance and variation in forest type/composition, climate, site productivity and geographic region?
- How can a definition be durable but also accommodate and reflect changes in climate and forest composition?
- What, if any, forest characteristics should a definition exclude?
For more information about upcoming events, please get in touch.
Get in Touch
Send Us news
If you'd like to submit an event or a timber-related news item, please send us an email.